We will partner with your church to bring the Good News to your community.
How can my church get involved?
The WHY Book is a great way to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with those in your area. Here are some suggested steps for getting your church engaged.
- Chairperson: Appoint a WHY Encounter chairperson (representative) and committee for your church.
- Pray: Prayerfully set a goal for the number of homes you would like to reach. WHY Encounter will provide you with a map of the community surrounding your church (by request).
- Awareness: Show the video to your church to increase awareness. WATCH VIDEO.
- Raise funds: Routes consist of 50 books to reach 50 families. The total cost is $500.00 for each route. The amount is the same whether individuals or the church is sponsoring. Choose to sponsor the church community or people’s neighbours.
- Contact us: Inform the WHY Encounter of your commitment and the street(s) to be included in the 50-home routes.
- Pray: WHY Encounter will provide prayer sheets listing house numbers as well as a map of the area together with prayer instructions. Encourage the church to pray corporately and people to pray individually (optionally a prayer walk) for the families receiving WHY book.
- Volunteers: Arrange volunteers for distribution.
- Pickup Books: Books and gift bags can be picked up at a designated warehouse. WHY Encounter will provide maps of 50 homes for delivery, together with delivery instructions and an area map so that people know the street location.
- Followup: Develop and implement a way to follow-up. Encourage community events (dinner, barbeque, ALPHA program).
Any questions, feel free to contact us.